verse of the day

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Anger. [ Colossians 3 v 8 ]

Many years ago I remember my best friends father stubbing his toe on a piece of furniture, and then kicking it afflicting more pain on himself, we tried not to laugh. This came to mind this morning while doing a blog and I pressed the wrong button, which meant I had to repair the damage to my blog, I felt so frustrated that I banged my hand on the table in anger, and of course the computor and the table cried out in pain, of course not, the only one was hurt was me.The Bible has so much to say about uncontrolled anger, take Moses who was very meek,yet he had his moment of anger [ cp Exodus 20 v 7ff]. He paid a price for that moment of anger,many of us pay a price for our uncontrolled anger, my friends father suffered double pain, and I have a sore hand. There usually is a price to pay for anything that gets out of control,if we are continually getting angry ,we are more than likely injuring others , mybe even frightening others,it could be road rage, whatever it is, we need to stop it,begin to see it for what it is, wrong.We need to say more than sorry, we need to repent, we need to stop it, I need to stop it, how?, by the grace of God.
A prayer..../Dear God grant us the grace to have control over our emotions ,in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: