verse of the day

Tuesday 13 March 2012

The providence of God.[ Genesis 24 v27 ]

The book of Ruth is a lovely book to read ,it has only four chapters ,so it is easy to read at one sitting, it has many things to teach us. One of the themes of this book is the providence of God,which involved suffering ,famine,three deaths, poverty,and yet we see clearly a sovereign God at work. It commences with a family who moved home , because Israel was experiencing a famine, I come from a country, that experienced a terrible famine,and many had to leave Ireland in order to to survive. Remember things dont happen by chance, things come into our lives for a purpose, it prompted this family to move.If you are experienceing difficulties at this time ,mybe God is pushing you to move, to change direction.I remember my own experience in Ulster, every door was shut fast to me, I was unemployed, I ended up in England pastoring a little church. It is a step I never regretted, as I look back ,[and it is in looking back we begin to appreciate the ways of God in our lives],I can trully say all the way, my God has led , and guided.
A prayer...../ Dear God help us to trust in Your providential care,that in all things You are in control, in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: