verse of the day

Saturday 10 March 2012

He loves us failures. [ Jeremiah 31 v 3]

I have started to read the book of Judges, it has different themes to it,Israels continual unfaithfulness, this is highlighted in the following words,/ And the children of Israel did evil again in the sight of the Lord/.This is followed by the Lord delivering them into the hands of their enemies,then we have a period of Israel being oppressed. Next we have Israel turning to the Lord ,crying unto to Him, for deliverance, God responds by sending a deliverer.What amazes me is God continual faithfulness, there is never a place in the book of Judges that God gives up on Israel,inspite of their repeated failures,He just keeps on being faithful inspite of their unfaithfulness, why?, yes why?,because, they were His, and He loved them,He loved them to much to give up on them. Many people may look at me and think ,my He is such a man of God, a preacher, a fine Christian,but I know how weak I am, and not only that, God knows, how often I have failed Him,70 times 7,plus,and as I write these words I ask the question why has He not given up in me ?,and then I hear Him whisper to heart,because you are mine and I love you.What applies to me applies to me applies to you dear child of God, He loves us failures,nothing can seperate us from that love, even our continual failures.
A prayer...../Dear God we are utterly amazed at Your amazing love,You know the worst about us yet You dont give up,You just keep loving us, we praise and thank You in Jesus name./

No comments: