verse of the day

Wednesday 13 February 2008

Substitute. [Isaiah 53]

If you follow sport you will be firmiliar with the the term substitute, when one person is taken off and another goes on in their place. Taking anothers place ,I am reading from the book of Leviticus, its about the regulations in regard to the priests, and sacrifices,and it is in relation to the animal sacrifice, we have the truth of substitution taught. A person would bring an animal, with no defects, before it was slain , the one offering the sacrifice, would lay their hand on the animal head,why? ,then the Lord will accept its death in the place of the one offering the sacrifice, purifying them , making them right with Him,[Lev.1v4]. When we come to consider our Saviour on the cross,the great truth of His sacrifice, is when we put our trust in Him we are acknowledging Him as our substitute, we are purified, forgiven, and made right with God. Upon a life I did not live , upon a death I did not die, wrote the poet,meaning ,Jesus is my substitute. [Father I give you thanks from the bottom of my heart , for Jesus my substitute, Amen]

No comments: