verse of the day

Tuesday 5 February 2008

Certainties [Job 19v25-26 ]

Is there such a thing as a sure thing? if you are a sport fan you soon realize, that the so called unbeatable, can be beat, that the underdog can at times win, favourites can loose. I remember a work mate of mine , who was not a Christian ,being told to bet on the Lord, He was a sure thing, he just laughed. Let me say this in a world filled with so many uncertainties the only certainty is the Lord, I make no apologies for saying this, the Bible speaks of that sure and certain hope, our hope is not a mybe, if or but, no , it is a sure and certain hope, I think Jobs words are the most inspiring in the Bible 19v25-26, For I know that my redeemer liveth , and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth, And though after my skin worms destroy this body,yet in my flesh shall I see God. [ Father in a world of uncertainties I thank You, That in your Son Jesus I have a sure and certain hope, Amen]

No comments: