verse of the day

Saturday 13 July 2024

Would I pass with flying colours? ( Exodus 20 v 3 )

 When Abram  was  called to move and go to the place of God'd appointmen, what became known as the promise land,he in faith obeyed that call.  (Genesis 12 v1 / Hebrews 11 v 8) Leupold says,'Abram's faith  yielded obedience'.Luther said , 'Faith is a lively and powerful thing;it is not merely a  drowsy and idle thought; nor does it float somewhere upon the heart of a duck upon the water,but it is like water warmed through and through by a good warm fire'. Faith is an active experience,when God spoke to Abram he obeyed and so he set off with his wife Sarai and Lot his nephew,and all his possessions.Leupold points out,'It is becoming apparent ,that he was a very rich man'.It is not wrong for a child of God to be rich. It was John the Basptist who said, 'A person can receive only what is given them from heaven',(John 3v27 )Yes it covers money,but it covers so many things,There's a song that goes,'The things that I love have and hold dear my heart,are just borrowed,there not mine at all,Jesus only let me use them to brighten my life,so remind me,remind me dear Lord'.I dont think that money was a problem for Abram, but there was a moment in His life when God commanded him,to sacrifice his beloved son,now that was a test (Gen 22),and he passed the test  with flying colours.I wonder,I wonder if God put me to the test would I pass with flying colours?. PS just to say he didn't sacrifice his son,God was more concerned about his willingness to obey Him.


No comments: