verse of the day

Tuesday 27 September 2022

What a day that will be.( 1 Corinthians 15 v 35ff)

 The fact is I am 78 yrs of age, yes I am old,my sons are getting older,they are not very old,but they are like me showing signs of  wear and tear. That's the nature of life,but thankfully as a Christian we are assured that one day all will be changed, our dear Saviour assured us that when the body finally gives up ,we will be resurrected / John 11 v25/.Now what that means for those who are believers?. in 1 Corinthians 15 v35 ff,we read that we will have a new body, a heavenly body,the old perishable body ,will be replaced by  an imperishable body, Paul likens our death to a seed that sown in the ground ,it is sown in dishonour, it is raised in glory;it is sown in weakness,it is raised in power,it is sown a natural body,it is raised raised a spiritual body.He tells us that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God. We are creatures of time but  in our  resurrection body we will put on immortality,then the saying that is written will come true,' Death will be swallowed up in victory'.Yes death will die ( Revelation 20 v 14), imagine what that will be like,what a wonderful future we will have as children of the living God.

                                          'What a day that will be ,when my Saviour I will see

                                           And I look upon His face,the one who saved me by His grace;

                                          When he takes me by the hand, lead me to that promised land.

                                           What a day, glorious  day that will be, '

                                                                    Bob Joyce.

                                            

No comments: