verse of the day

Wednesday 28 September 2022

The challenge. ( 1 Corinthians 13 )

Recently I attended one of my granddaughters wedding,I wasn't ask to speak at the reception ,afterwards I thought if I was asked to speak, what would I say?. 'Well here is what I would  have said,aiming it at the groom.''Now there are many lovely ladies here today ,who is the most lovely lady in the room?,and I would say my wife Daphne.'' Then I would say to the groom whose name was Tom,''Tom I hope you will always be able to say,as to your wife,that she is always the loveliest girl in the room'.  Marriage is God's  plan for humanity,it is a perfect plan, but marriage is made up of imperfect people,we are like snow flakes,we are all different.It is only in fairy tales that we read that the marriage couple lived happily ever after, in reality, there will be occasions when you will not be happy, for whatever reason,and there will always be reasons.As a husband the words that I find most challenging as to my marriage relationship,are to be found in Ephesians 5 v 25,'Husbands love your wives as Christ loved the Church and gave himself up for it'. I will not comment on these words but leave you with them,to think,and to pray about,and by God's grace to live it out.

No comments: