verse of the day

Tuesday 6 September 2022

Feelings ( Psalm 37 v 3 )

 How am I feeling today?,I feel fine,tomorrow I may not feel fine,that is the way we are as humans,one day we are up the next day we are down. Is it possible to always feel fine?,to be honest I do not know, being part of planet earth,brings with it so many things that can effect us.I cannot say that I am happy all the time,I wish I could,but what I will say is this,I am on a walk of faith,and one thing for sure I am not to be ruled by my feelings,the scripture tells in Habakkuk 2 v 4 and  Galatians 3 v 11, 'that the just shall live by faith', not by feelings.The Christian life begins by faith in Jesus Christ, (Acts 16 v3),but it does not stop there, we have to face life's realities, the sun will not always be shining upon us,but we will have the light of the world  to lead us through.I may change but He will not change, He is the same today ,yesterday, and forever,my feelings don't effect that,so how am I feeling today,is not the important consideration, I am trusting Him ,that is what is important, yes I am changeable, He is unchanging.

                                                         'I change, He changes not;

                                                         The Christ can never die;

                                                         His love, not mine, the resting place;

                                                         His truth, not mine, the tie'.

                                                               Horatius Bonar.

No comments: