verse of the day

Monday 5 September 2022

Peace .( Psalm 23 )

When I was younger,people used to say ,'will you give my head peace', the person who said this was very distracted, by whatever. The whatever can cover so many things ,our jobs,family ,unemployment,sudden bad news,and so we could go on,is it possible in such a world that we live in, to know  peace?.Just before our Saviour would die, He said something very precious to His followers ,here is what he said, 'Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful' John 14 v 27. Yes he left it  here for us ,that in a very, very troubled world, we may know peace, we need to be reminded of this, we need to claim it,and experience it.Remember although He has gone to heaven,He is still with us,for he has said ,He will never leave us ,nor forsake us,the Lord is near at hand,to help us, and to bring us through.You may be going through the deepest valley of your life, here is what King David said  ,'I will fear no evil for thou art with me.'Psalm 23 v 4. What applies to David applies to all God's children, that means you ,and it means me.

No comments: