verse of the day

Monday 19 September 2022

Perfection is it possible?. ( Philippians 3 v 12 - 14 )

Someone said ,'  In this world the ideal does not correspond to reality,and he who acts from amiable motives is nothing but a fool'.The person who said this was a Pope, he said this in answer to a man who pointed to him a better way,he knew what the man was saying was right,but he was not willing to put it into practice,he was to afraid of loosing out financially. Our Saviour said,'Be perfect, therefore , as your heavenly Father is perfect'. Matthew 5 v 48.The Pope in fact was ruling this out, even calling those who try to follow what  Jesus said as being fools. I know as a Christian .that as long as I live ,there will always be distance between what I should be,and what I am. So should we give up trying, just throw in towel?, of course not ,we must take what Jesus said  seriously, and put it into practice.We are to fight the good fight of faith, and always choose the right way,the Pope chose the wrong way.I don't judge him  I leave that with God, may God grant us that we will follow the right way. 

No comments: