verse of the day

Thursday 1 September 2022

Friendships. ( John 15 v 12 - 15 )

 I am just in from visiting a friend,as I look back in my life I recall the friends I've I had ,I remember in primary school having a friend called Billy Harris,I had a fight with him and I bit him,I was only little lad.Another friend called Victor he wasn't a helpful friend,he drew me into something I regret doing,you are better without friends like that.Another friend was Raymond Fullerton he was a good friend we went on holidays together,played snooker,and went to football matches together.And so I could go on telling you of the friends I've had in my life,and the friends I have in my life now,good friends godly friends. The bible tells us ,'A man who has friends must himself be friendly, but there is a friend that sticks closer than a brother,' Proverbs 18 v 24. I found that friend ,the one who sticks closer than a brother, his name is Jesus.I have known Him for most of my life, in spite of the fact that I at time left Him,he always kept an eye on me,preserved me in my foolish sinful ways,and could have cast me aside but He didn't. I remember it well 58 years ago I had an encounter with Him, and our friendship ,and fellowship was restored. I  am so glad that happened, for without Him ,life would be empty, and meaningless,and I would miss Him so much, this friend, called Jesus. You can know Him ,he can become your friend, if you trust him as your Saviour

                                                         'What a friend we have in Jesus

                                                          All our sins and griefs to bear,'

                                        'He is my forever friend, he can be your forever friend'

No comments: