verse of the day

Sunday 18 September 2022

If. ( 1 Corinthians 3 v 13 - 16 )

I hope God has enabled me in my life to have done some good, of course we have in the last analysis to leave that in Gods have. Martin Luther King, JR was a great man, not a perfect man, he said many meaningful things and he asked himself,as to what he would want said when he died,so this is what he said.

           'I'd like somebody to mention on that day, that he had tried to give his life in serving others,

           that he tried to love somebody,that he tried to be right on the war question, 

           That he did try to feed the hungry,that he did try to clothe those who were naked,that he did try 

           to visit those in prison

           that he did try to love and serve humanity'

There is a song that comes to mind,written  by Alma Bazel Anderson that carries on the same theme .

                                         ' If I can help somebody as I pass along,

                                          If I can cheer somebody with a word or song.

                                          IF I can show somebody he's traveling  wrong,

                                          Them my living will not be in vain.

                                           If I can do my duty as a Christian ought,

                                           If I can bring salvation to a world once wrought.                                     

                                           If I can spread the message as the Master taught,

                                           Then my living will not be in vain'.

                                           


                                            

             

No comments: