verse of the day

Friday 16 September 2022

Here I stand. ( Jude v 3 )

Things have not change as often we are confronted with a choice,time after time,do we hold to scripture alone or accept those who have other authorities .The Mormons would say that they believe in the Bible ,the AV translation, but they also have their book of Mormons and other authorities .  The Roman Catholic church hold to the bible, but also holds unto church authority,and church tradition.The liberal theologians would have the Bible,but accepting only what appears to them as rational.Taking his life in his hands,while standing before church authorities, Martin Luther declared,' Unless I  am convinced by Scripture and plain reason....I cannot and will not recant anything'. He went on to say,' Here I  stand; I can do no other. God , help me.Amen.'  As a Christian minister I believe in disciplining myself, to stay within the confines of the word of God,to do other than that, is a very dangerous path to take.Many are doing it these days,especially those who are ministers,their liberalism can lead so many astray.We do not burn heretics,and rightly so, but we must challenge their unbiblical beliefs,and we must hold fast to the truth of the word of God.

                                                    'Here I stand ,I can do no other'

No comments: