verse of the day

Thursday 15 September 2022

Down memory lane. ( 1 John 3 v1 - 3 )

The memory is a wonderful thing,of course there are things from the past ,we would rather not remember, and all I can say to that is,don't dwell on them. There are very good memories , I recall some of my early  spiritual memories,one was when I very young I was lying in bed,and I talked to God,it was time when my mother and father separated,and I said to God about not having a father,then I said you are my Father. God is a father to the fatherless,but he is not father to those who do not know Christ, Christ is the key to all things spiritual.The word of God declares ,' To all who receive Him ,(Jesus) to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become Children of God'. ( John 1 v 12)  My son and his wife adopted two children,before they were adopted they could not call my son father.Adoption was not common among the Jews, but it was common among the Romans ,and when they adopted a child,all the rights of a natural born child became theirs. We read in Ephesians 1 v 5,'In love He predestined us for adoption to son-ship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will' . What a blessing this adoption has brought us into ,we have been forgiven though Jesus,we are now connected to our loving heavenly Father, that means we have come under  .This means you and I are not nobodies, no we have a special status, we are children of  God.

                                                        ' I'm accepted,I'm forgiven,

                                                         I am Fathered by the true and living God.

                                                         I'm accepted, no condemnation,

                                                         I am love by the true and living God.

                                                         There's no guilt or fear as I draw near

                                                         to the Saviour and creator of the world,

                                                         There is Joy and peace as I release

                                                         my worship to you ,O Lord.'

                                                                 Rob  Hayward.

                                                     

                                                     

No comments: