verse of the day

Tuesday 27 September 2016

We can make it ,if.[ John 15 v 5 ]

Fifty two years following the Lord ,so it easy for me,I have it all made,no ,
Dick Lucas writes,''Not until death shall we be free from evil desires''.It was
George Muller who prayed that he might not become a wicked old man,and that is why we must all stay close to our Saviour.It was when Solomon was an old man he committed his greatest folly,we read his pagan wives turned his heart after other gods[ 1 Kings 11 v 4].We are warned,'' let him who thinketh he standeth  take heed lest he fall.''[1 Corinthians 10 v12 ].Who is sufficient for this ongoing life,none of us,but by Gods grace we can,be more than conquerors through Him[Christ] who loved us.[Romans 8 v37]. How did those great saints ,Spurgeon,Calvin,Moody,and many others ,manage
to live and finish victorious?,their great abilities,personalities,no,they had no more advantages ,than you or I.They had to seek daily unto their God,for the power ,and protection,to live and finish their Christian journey.
Today you may be saying I cannot go on,God says you can,He says to us all.''Do not fear,for I am with you,be not dismayed,for I am your God.I will
strengthen you and help you,I will uphold you with my righteous right hand''.[Isaiah 41 v10]
                                           A  prayer.
Dear God forgive us for our self reliance,grant us the grace to persevere,the
humility to recognise ,that without you we can do nothing,in Jesus name we pray this Amen.

No comments: