verse of the day

Sunday 18 September 2016

Mine. [ John 3 v 1-16 ]

I write about many things,hopefully guided by Gods Spirit,but what I must
never forget,that I must proclaim Christ.Seems obvious,but it is easy to mention many legitimate things,but it is Christ ,people need to hear about,as ,the one who ,forgives us our sins,and the one who free's us from its power.I can tell you what Christ means to me,what does He mean to you.
Our Lord asked his disciples,''Who do people say the Son of Man is?''.They replied,''Some say John the Baptist,others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.Then Jesus asked,''But what about you?,
''Who do you say I am?''.[Matthew 16 v13-15].William Barclay wrote,''Our
discovery of Jesus Christ must be a personal discovery.Our knowledge of Jesus can never be second hand.A man might know every verdict that has ever been passed on Jesus;he might know every Christology that the mind
of man had ever thought out; he might be able to give a competent summary of the teaching about Jesus of every great thinker and theologian-and still not be a Christian. Christiantity never consists in knowing about Jesus;it
always consists in knowing Jesus.He demands a personal verdict'

                                  Dear Saviour,Thou art mine,
                                  How sweet the thought to me,
                                  Let me repeat Thy name,
                                  And lift my heart to Thee.

                                 Mine,Mine,Mine, I know Thou art
                                 mine;
                                 Saviour,dear Saviour,I know that Thou
                                 art mine.
                                             [Words Anna Hudson ]
                                    


No comments: