verse of the day

Sunday 21 February 2016

Mercy [ Ephesians 2 v 1-4]

I watched a new series on TV,called Dickensian,based on Characters by Charles Dickens. Bob Marley had been murdered and the police inspector
was Questioning Bob Crotchets wife,who confessed to the murder,she explained the circumstances,and it appears Marley had been sexually attacking her,and so she struck with a wooden object and had killed him.
The inspector is to torn between his belief that justice had to be done,which
would mean the lady in question would hang,and compassion for her and her family.He takes her to the police station to have her charged,again in keeping with time she was sure to be hung.But at the last moment he let's
her go free.As I looked at what was happening,the words flashed into my mind,mercy triumphs over justice.Yes she was guilty,mercy was shown to her,and I could not help but think ,there was moment in my life when I a
guilty sinner,facing the judgement of God,  was shown mercy.God was able
to show me that mercy,because His Son ,the just one,would die for me the unjust one. [1 Peter 3 v18 ]

                               Years I spent in vanity and pride,
                                Caring not my Lord was crucified,
                               Knowing not it was for me He died
                                              On Calvary.
                            Mercy there was great and grace was free,
                            Pardon there was multiplied to me.
                             There my burdened soul found liberty,
                                                At  Calvary.
                                 [Words by Wm. R. Newell]

No comments: