verse of the day

Sunday 7 February 2016

Are you hungry and thirsty?.[ Matthew 5 v6 ]

I saw on the net,a short article on the riches woman in the world,I wonder is she really satisfied?.I think of another women whom Jesus spoke to,the 
conversation took place at a well,Jesus asked her for a drink,and so the
conversation developed,she was surprised,at the fact that a Jew would talk to her.Jews were fussy whom they would speak to,but then Jesus was not
concerned with bigoted view points.Well Jesus said that if she asked him,
he would give her living water,this she did not understand,because she was
thinking of natural water.Then he said to her,everyone who drinks of the natural water,will never thirst again,but the water he would give would her would meet her deepest need,it would be like a spring of water,welling up to eternal life.[John 4 ]Which leads us on to another of the Beatitudes,/
/Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,for they shall be filled[Matthew 5 v6].Could it just be that Jesus is speaking to you who don't Him,and reminding us who do know him ,that only he can meet the deepest need of the human heart.
                                 I heard the voice of Jesus say,
                                 'Behold, I freely give
                                 the living water;thirsty one,
                                 stoop down and drink,and live,
                                 I came to Jesus, and I drank
                                 of that life-giving stream;
                                my thirst was quenched, my soul revived,
                                 and now I live in Him.
                                     [Words by Horatius  Bonar ]

No comments: