verse of the day

Wednesday 4 June 2014

Who wants suffering?.[Romans 8 v28 /AV]

I have recently bought a daily devotional called ,/Streams in the desert, by L.B.Cowman/,and would commend it to you,I purchased it on Amazon.I have a number of daily readings that I find helpful,of course I do read my Bible everyday.I read this recently in Streams in the desert,it was quotation by George Mueller,/The only way to know strong faith is to endure great trials,I have learned my faith through severe testings/ Trials are not sent to us by God for our destruction,but for our development,
the apostle wrote to a people who were suffering,/That the trial of your faith,being much more precious than gold that perisheth,  though it be tried with fire,might be found unto praise and honor and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ. [ 1 Peter 1v7 ]/My experience in life teaches that we will have trials,in fact Peter wrote,/Beloved , think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you,as though some strange thing happened unto you[1 Peter 4 v12].He further writes that we are following in the footsteps of Christ when we suffer[2v21],and as God is sovereign, he writes as about suffering according to the will of God[4v19]. There are many things we could write about suffering,
God is refining us[Job 23 v10],and as Mueller said it is also for our development.Remember as Paul told Paul,Gods Grace is sufficient ,to help us bear with suffering[ 2 Corinthians12v9]. So today if we are suffering let us take the advice of Peter who wrote,casting all our care upon Him, for He careth for us.
A  prayer...../Dear God we have to confess we do not want to suffer,in anyway,but we bow to Your will for our lives,knowing that always Your will is best,in Jesus name Amen/

No comments: