verse of the day

Thursday 12 June 2014

Darkness. [ 1 John 1 v 5-7]

/That's something that the darkness cannot take from you/,words spoken on TV,they appeared to have a message,it it appears to me that there is a lot of darkness in this world. In Luke 23 v44 we read,/ and there was darkness over all the earth,seems a fair descripsion of this worlds condition,The darkness of godless religion,of unbelief,of evil political systems,as I think of the world the flesh and the devil,all types of evil.In Gods word we read of godly people overcome by the darkness,we look at Calvary,
and so few who respond to the light of the gospel,that gospel that can set them free.It appears sometimes that the darkness is as it were is winning.Let us not despair if God be for us,then who can be against us?,God is sovereign,we are on the victory side.The darkness cannot take from us our salvation,our Saviour, He is with us,today let us declare to the darkness,/The Lord is my light,and my salvation,whom shall I fear?, the Lord is the strength of my life,of whom shall I be afraid.[Psalm 27v1]
A prayer..../Dear Lord You declared that You were the light of this world,grant us grace to walk with You today,for we know if we do the darkness cannot overcome us,Amen

No comments: