verse of the day

Tuesday 10 June 2014

Forgetfulness[ Deuteronomy 6 v10-12]

R.C.Sproul's  professor said ,/The essence of Christian theology is grace,and the essence  of  Christian ethics is gratitude/.and Sproul goes on to say that in the Old Testament the root concept of apostasy was the idea of forgetfulness. Gratitude ,forgetfulness,the history of the Israel was so often,one of forgetfulness.In Deuteronomy 4v9,they are instructed by Moses,/But watch out, Be careful never to forget what you have seen.Do not let  these memories escape from your mind as long as you live. And be sure to pass them on to your children and grandchildren/. As I grow older I do find that I am becoming a bit forgetful,and of course at times this can have consequences,recently while shopping I heard my car registration announced over the speaker,I went back to my car,and discovered I had left my car window down.When it comes to our Christian walk we have to by Gods grace,be careful that we don't become forgetful,of all that God has blessed us with.Our Saviour before He left for Heaven, took bread,and wine,and gave them to His disciple, and said this do in remembrance of me [Luke 22 v19],why? because we can be so forgetful.
A prayer....../ Dear God in our carelessness caused often by business,prosperity we begin to forget
You,there was a time when we would never have thought it possible,forgive us in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: