verse of the day

Sunday 15 June 2014

Twinkle, twinkle, little star.[Colossians 1 v15ff ]

I often go out to my garden at night and look up into the sky in the hope of seeing the stars,but because I live in a town,only a few stars are visible.The other evening I looked up and could only see one star,yes one,the little poem come to mind,/Twinkle ,twinkle little star,how I wonder what you are,up above the earth so bright,like a candle in the night,Twinkle, twinkle little star,how I wonder what you are/.I hope I have remembered the  right words,but  as I looked at that solitary star ,hanging there in space,my mind turned to our little planted earth,hanging also in space,the question is how?.How do we hang here,what is causing us to exist as a planet?, what is stopping us from being destroyed?, after all we are such a pin prick in size.The Bible tells us there is a reason, there is a Creator,who brought all things into being.[Genesis 1]and that Creator has placed us where we are.Christ who is the image of the invisible God,by whom all things where created by Him and for Him,  holds all things together[Colossians 1 v 15ff]Yes God in Christ  is holding all things together,if He didn't, all things would disintegrate into chaos
A  prayer..../ Dear God by whom all things where made, and all things sustained,and held together,we worship and praise through Jesus Thy Son . Amen /

No comments: