verse of the day

Thursday 19 June 2014

The God of love. [1 John 4 v 8-10]

One wonders why Islam is such a violent religion, why are they so intent to destroy those who are not Muslin's?.They pray to a god who they would claim is merciful and yet they show very little mercy,to those who differ from them.Why is it,when we hear of those who have committed adultery,it is the woman that bears their wrath?.Why are they so  intent to kill other Muslims,who differ with them?. I write as Christian,I know that the history of Christendom manifested a lot of Characteristics of Islam,but that does not make it right,I know the importance of truth,and I know that many who have professed to be Christians,have denied it with their actions. I worship a God that is holy,and that all our sinners,be it Abraham,or the apostle Paul,or even Mohamed,and that all need mercy. That must mean that no one is perfect,no matter how much they try,sin dogs all our steps,and like the great apostle Paul we cry out, O wretched man that I am[Romans7v24].Likewise the great prophet Isaiah who had a vision of a holy God, cries out,woe is me,I am undone,because I am a man of unclean lips.[Isaiah 6 v5] .The Christian message is very simple yet very profound,God who is merciful,provides a means whereby we sinners can be accepted, Jesus who is not just a prophet but a Saviour,on the cross He bore the wrath of God,that we may not bear it.Through His death on the cross we can be forgiven,and set free from oppressive religion,with oppressive demands,set free to love,and to be loved.
A  prayer......./Dear God we bring to You a world that is oppressed by religion and pray that in your mercy they may come to know You,the God of love, through Jesus Your Son. Amen/

No comments: