verse of the day

Sunday 1 June 2014

No more. [ Revelation 21 ]

I've got a home in glory that outshines the sun,I've got a home in glory land that outshines the sun . I've got a home that outshines the sun,way beyond the blue. So this little song goes,and it reminded that this world is not my home I just passing through,our lives,our thoughts,are taken up with the here and now,and we rarely  think of the glories that shine afar.As I sat in my living room this morning,I thought that someday this lovely little home will be occupied by new owners,for me it is only a temporary dwelling.Our Saviour told us he has gone to prepare a place for us,that will be no temporary residence,it will be eternal,I cannot begin to imagine, what it be like,but I know it will be glorious. There will be the absence of all that is evil,absence of pride,hypocrisy,lust,covertness,no more filthy language,filthy thoughts,no more racism,no more abuse,no more injustice,no more sickness,no more loneliness,no more tiredness,no more tears, no more death.Yes there there will be the absence of all that is wrong,and it will be filled with all that is right, loving,and kind,where everyone will be a good neighbour,and perfect harmony will reign, perfect contentment,and perfect fulfilment,for we will be perfect,and all that this means.The most wonderful thing of all it will not just be a self indulgent place,no for hearts,and lives will never loose focus on our Saviour,for he will be the glory of Emmanuel's land.
A  prayer...../ Dear God help us to see beyond  the here and now ,to that place that our Saviour has gone to prepare for us,in His name we ask this. Amen /

No comments: