verse of the day

Sunday 22 June 2014

Foxes [Matthew 8 v 18-22 ]

Behind our home we noticed from our bedroom window 3 fox cubs,playing,last year there were two,these former dwellers of the countryside have now become town dwellers.My mind turned to a moment in our Lords ministry,when a person said to Jesus,/Master I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest[Matthew8v19]/.Jesus replied,/The foxes have holes,and the birds of the air have nests,but the son of man hath not where to lay His head[v20]/There appears to be a romance attached to sacrifice,to be a missionary,or whatever,people can be caught up in emotions that causes then not to take in the cost of following Jesus.My first wife and I went to Bible college for 4 years,we trusted God to meet our needs,but our faith was tried continually,I wore a lot of clothes that where given to me,food often was scarce,God supplied our needs,I stress needs.W. Barclay wrote,/Jesus was not seeking to discourage enthusiasm/,but seeking to make it clear that there is a cost in following him.
Again let me quote W, Barclay,/There is no thrill like the way of Christ, and there is no glory like
the end of that way,but Jesus Christ never said it was an easy way.The way to glory always involves a cross/
A  prayer......./ Dear Lord Jesus we thank You for Your honesty in what it means to follow You,we ask for grace to obey Your call ,no matter what the cost. Amen /
/ I will return to my blog when I return from my break away,  every blessing/

No comments: