verse of the day

Sunday 29 June 2014

I am glad.[Psalm 47 v4 ]

As I look back in my life,most of it has been taken up with me seeking Gods will,early on in my Cheistian life my wife and I ,felt the call of God on our lives.To prepare ourselves we went to Bible college.At college a visiting speaker said,to the student body,that inevitable God would reveal his will before we all left college. This did not happen for me and my wife,even though we prayed,and prayed,and prayed,different places where led on our hearts,and so we prayerfully tried each door,yet none of these doors opened to us,but the call of God remained.In a very real sense like Abraham although we felt the call of God on our lives,but we did not know where we where going,but we continued to obey the call.When doors shut we were disappointed,but we bowed to Gods will,and kept seeking a way forward, by faith.God did open two doors ,but these did not last long,but all the time we kept moving, a verse of a hymn has been going through my head recently it goes,/ God holds the key to all unknown,and I am glad. If other hands should hold the key or if He trusted it to me me,I might be sad/.I am glad I choose to follow Gods call,and I am glad that He choose  what was best for me.
A prayer...../ O use me Lord,use even me,just as Thou wilt and when and where. Until Thy blessed face I see,Thy rest,Thy joy, Thy glory share. Amen/  [Words by F.R.Havergal]

No comments: