verse of the day

Thursday 21 February 2013

What are we building upon?[Matthew 7 v24ff]

Not far from where I live  the driveway of a home has collapsed leaving a large hole,one can only imagine the reaction of the people who live there. One the problems for some people who live in coastal areas is soil erosion ,causing their homes to collapse into the sea.Thinking of the broader picture, I think of so many people who are like the man who built his home upon the sand[Matthew 7 v 24ff],the result the house collapsed. The question we need to ask ourselves what are we building our lives upon? be careful ,it may collapse around you.What caused me to think on these things are the words I read of a hymn, by Johann Andreas Rothe,/Now I have found the ground wherein, sure my souls anchor may remain,the wounds of Jesus, for my sin. Before the worlds foundation slain,whose mercy shall unshaken stay,when heaven, and earth are fled away/. Can you say that? Christ is the only sure foundation, for all our lives,again in the words of another hymn,/On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand/E Mote]
A prayer..../ Dear Lord help us to stop and consider what we are building our lives upon,on sinking sand or on the Rock Christ Jesus. Amen /

No comments: