verse of the day

Monday 18 February 2013

Neglect. [ Joshua 9 v14 ]

Sweet hour of prayer,sweet our of prayer,that calls me from a world of care,And bids me at my Fathers throne,make all my wants and wishes known. In seasons of distress and grief,my soul has often found relief,and oft escaped the tempters snare ,by thy return sweet hour of prayer.We can thank the Lord for so much, but surely one of the greatest blessing is prayer,that place where we meet with our God and Saviour,and find mercy, and find grace to help in our times of need.That place where the one who knows just how we feel, listens, and listens,and understands, and feels for our pain,and is delighted to hear from us.It blesses me when my children get in touch with me,and saddens me when they don't,why because I care for them,and most of all I love them.It saddens me when I observe some children never bothering with their parents,they so easily it seems forget the sacrifices that was made for them.Our loving heavenly Father loves us so much and would challenge our foolish independence and indeed our sinful independence,when we shut Him out,and act as we did in our unsaved days,we never seem to learn the lesson,and that is the need to seek unto God,why?because we need Him,every hour of every day. So if today the path of prayer  has been neglected,acknowledge it,and turn again to that sweet hour of prayer,and delight your loving Heavenly Father.
Dear God we acknowledge that it is not so much knowing how to pray is the problem,it is to to our shame the neglect of praying itself,so today help us to pray, in Jesus name Amen /
.

No comments: