verse of the day

Friday 15 February 2013

The vunerable [ Isaiah 40 v 10-11]

I support a children's  mission ,and I received a letter from the director of the mission,enclosed were photos of 23 children all wearing pyjamas. Why were they in pyjamas?,well these dear children all come from  very poor backgrounds,they never in all their lives owned a pair of pyjamas.They received them at Christmas and were so delighted,as I am,is it not so true, that often it is the vulnerable who suffer,the women,children and the elderly.It is giving me more and more concern as  I hear on the news of children being used as sex objects,of child trafficking.We may be inclined to blame God,why does He not do something?,well He is, the mission I support are doing something. There are many people doing something, but it seems so little,but it is not,we should never underestimate,the good people do, even to one person,God doesn't,how do I know that?because I know what He has done for me,and His heart goes out to every orphaned child.Until Christ comes again,the world will continue to manifest its fallen nature,but He will raise up His servants who will be His channel of blessing,to the vulnerable.
A  prayer.... Dear God of the loving heart,bless all Your servants who are reaching out to the vulnerable, in Jesus name Amen/

No comments: