verse of the day

Sunday 17 February 2013

Welcome [Matthew 9 v11]

When my computer comes on, the word welcome comes on the screen,it is a nice word, it makes one feel wanted.One of the lovely things I observe as I read the gospels our Saviour was always welcoming,He welcomed everybody He did not discriminate, from the rich to the poor,from the despised to the desperate,they were all welcome,without exception.I remember a friend I used to visit , who suddenly made it clear that I was no longer welcome.There is an Irish song which goes,/If your Irish come into the parlour, there is a welcome there for you/,does that mean if you are not Irish, there will no welcome.Many, many Christians in the Lands where Islam rules are finding they are not wanted,at one time in England,Jews were not allowed to live there, they had to leave, it was Oliver Cromwell who showed the Jews a favour.Nations tolerate other nationalities,who come to live in their countries,but that's not the same as making them welcome.I suppose it will always be like this,but as a Christian,I am called to have a welcoming spirit,of making all I come in contact with feel wanted, irrespective,of colour,race,culture,and so on.
A prayer..... Dear God forgive me when I adopt an unwelcoming attitude towards anyone, help me by Your Spirit,to embrace all I come into contact with, in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: