verse of the day

Friday 8 February 2013

I once was blind. [ Pslm 19]

One of the things I miss is seeing the stars, oh yes I can see some,not many,living in a built up area ,with its street lighting ,it makes it hard to see more than a few stars.I wonder if the stars were more easy to see,would it make people more God conscious?all most people can see is this earth,and that's all. People are to earth bound ,the Psalmist declared, /The heavens declare the glory of God,and he goes on to say that they are speaking to mankind,[Psalm 19],but as I said that voice is silent,to many people,because of street lighting etc.Now of course seeing the stars may not have any effect upon people,other than something to admire, Ibiza is known for its lovely sunsets, and many tourists, make their way to the beach in the evening to view its beauty,but that's all it is to them, a thing of beauty. Most do not see God who created such beauty,but one day they will,but then it will only add to their condemnation,not their salvation. Yet even acknowledging God as a creator, is of no avail,if one has not had a saving revelation, many people do believe in a God of creation,but do not believe in Christ by whom all things were created.I may not see many of the stars, but I have never seen Christ,but I have had a divine revelation of Him, who is my Saviour,yes I once was blind but now I see.
A  prayer......./ Dear God we thank You that Your handy work is all around us,in a flower,a sunset,and the stars,but most of all we praise You,that in Jesus we see one who made all things,and by His death on a cross,died to bring us to Yourself Amen /

No comments: