verse of the day

Wednesday 20 February 2013

We must not compromise [ 1 Corinthians 14 v33]

In all my long ministry I have sought to be faithful to Gods truth,I often realise that what I say may offend, it is not my purpose to offend anyone,I like to be liked. A young man I heard preaching recently spoke of how he sought to win others, and he didn't tell them,that they were dirty rotten sinners,he sought to bring them to an awareness of their need,of Christ by probing them with questions like,you cant give up something or other,words that may make aware of their need of Christ. Now I understand what he is trying to do and I pray that God will bless his ministry,I am sure I can learn from others,but the fact is we all are without exception,dirty rotten sinners,when it come to describing peoples condition the prophets,used very strong and uncomplimentary words.Now of course we must speak the truth in love,even though what we are preaching may offend,in Acts 20v31,we read how Paul warned everyone night and day with tears.We must not fudge the fact that we are all sinners,and the consequences of that fact, and the preacher,yes he may use different ways to win people to Christ,but he must be faithful to Gods truth,sin,Hell,Gods answer,Christ,the cross.
A prayer...../ Dear God grant us wisdom as we witness to the lost,and help us not to fudge the issues in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: