verse of the day

Saturday 23 February 2013

And the Lord heard. [ Numbers 12]

And the Lord heard,Miriam and Aaron challenged Moses, it appears as my study Bible says they were filled with envy,and jealousy at Moses position and influence ,so they used as an excuse his marriage to an Ethiopian women to criticise him. I used to hear criticism from a lady in my church ,as to my accent,she said she could not understand me, but this was not the real issue,for she stirred up trouble,about the content in my sermons,it was all very hurtful and unpleasant.Like Miriam and Aaron she was challenging my leadership,and like Moses I felt overwhelmed,what could he do ,although a man whom God had used he was in fact a very humble and meek person. So what does one do when one is unfairly attacked? manifest a meek and humble spirit.Moses didn't say a word,and its then we read,/And the Lord heard/did not Miriam and Aaron not realise that  God was listening?,seemingly not,but He was, and He responded, by dealing in particular with Miriam,who appears to have been the ring leader,Aaron was a weak person,[CP Exodus 32]Today let us all take take to heart the words ,/And the Lord heard/,he hears not only our words but he knows the motives of our heart,He not only hears but He will act,and judge us,and chasten us.
A prayer ......./ Dear Lord forgive our foolish words,our spiteful,and hurtful words,and the sinful motives behind our words, Amen /

No comments: