verse of the day

Sunday 23 January 2011

Truth. [ John 8 v32 ]

As a preacher, I have preached many sermons, and part of my preparation is to discover what I am to preach on, so I pray and ask God to guide me, to that approbriate scripture. Likewise when faced with a decision I pray and ask God to speak, to get a word ,and when I get it, to act on it.So it is when one is faced with a deep seeded problem, the word of God must play a vital role, in helping us, to go forward, and be an overcomer. Our deep seeded problems are often based on misconceptions,and they cause us to be filled with fear, a fear that creates a prison for us, and affects the lives of others near us. Our Saviour said that He was the Truth,[John 14 v6 ],and also that the truth would make us free. [John 8 v32] In these words we have a key, to overcome those deep seeded problems,that will enable us to be free, it sounds simple, and in fact it is,as we look to Jesus ,and by faith apply His truth[ The word of God] into our lives, things will begin to happen .[ Dear Lord Jesus help me to look to you,to believe and act on Your word, in your name we ask this Amen ]

No comments: