verse of the day

Tuesday 25 January 2011

No condemnation.[Romans 8 v1]

I do wish that everything was perfect in this world, but it is not ,one day it will be, one day it is hard to take it in, even I will be perfect. Until then we press on toward our goal in our weakness,yet strengthened by the power of God, overcoming daily by Gods grace.I think of dear William Cowper who suffered from mental illness , who at times felt suicidal, yet he pressed on, and inspite of how he felt, he wrote some wonderful hymns, one in particular stands out, God moves in mysterious ways, a hymn that has such deep meaning and continues to bless mulitudes of Christians. The great apostle had to cope with a thorn in the flesh,plus a multitude of other things, and yet God used Him ,to write those wonderful epistles.As we look at ourselves we may be inclined to despair, because of our deep seeded problems, others may even judge us, even Christians, to their shame.Take hold of the words in Roman 8 v31-32,/Who shall lay anything to the charge of Gods elect? It is God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth ?it is Christ that died ,yea rather , that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us/. [ Dear God thank You that You love us unconditionally,grant me the grace of not living under a cloud of condemnation, and I pray you will use use me ,yes even me in my weakness in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: