verse of the day

Sunday 9 January 2011

Me, a saint. [Philippians 1 v 1-2 ]

I have many names ,William Alexander Heasley ,unlike some I like my name,although I thought recently my surname should have been Holmes ,my mothers maiden name, in fact when we were young some people called us Holmers. This was because my mum and dad seperated when we were young, and so I and my brothers/sister, identified with my mums side of the family.So what is my other names, here goes,/son, brother,uncle,nephew,father,neighbour, support worker,friend,husband,cousin, preacher,oh yes Christian, child of God, saint. My goodness saint,people who know me may easily say ,I am no saint, but I am, Vine describes saints as all believers, it does not apply to people of exceptional holiness, or to those who have died,in 2 Thessalonians 1 v10,saint is used of all believers,it has the sense of holy ones. That is very important for if we are a holy one, then we are expected to be holy, holy in thought,in word in deed[ 2Peter 3 v11].Of course we need to remind people that we are saved only through anothers righteousness, Jesus the holy One.[Acts 3 v12-16 ].[ Dear Father in heaven help us to be holy, to never stop trying, no matter how many mistakes we make , in Jesus our righteousness name we ask this. Amen ]

No comments: