verse of the day

Tuesday 11 January 2011

Be prepared. [ Hebrews 9 v27 ]

Yesterday I was told of a man aged 40 who suddenly died and today I see on the internet a footballer in his twenties died in his sleep, both these deaths happened suddenly. The fact of the matter death is not just for old people, nor should we think it is, we know not what a day will bring forth, the lives we have are in one sense very fragile.We live in an age that seeks to ignor death, instead of preparing for the event,we live careless lives,the poet wrote,/Ask not for whom the bell toils, it toils for thee/. We read these solemn words in Amos 4v12,/ Prepare to meet Thy God/, the question is ,are we prepared?,and the next question is ,how can I prepare?. Well there was a thief who was hanging on a cross , and he acknowledged his sinfulness, and then he cried to Jesus, and Jesus who was also on a cross,saved him, not from death, but from a lost eternity. [ Luke 23 v 39-43 ]Be wise if you are not saved ,call upon Jesus, and He will save you, He will answer your cry, here is a prayer you can pray./ Dear Lord Jesus I acknowledge that I am as sinner, forgive me all my sins ,and be my Saviour Amen /

No comments: