verse of the day

Saturday 31 May 2008

Nelson. [ Psalm 23]

Just back from Norfolk ,it is Nelsons county, he was born there in 1758, and his father was a minister, the story is told , that when he was a child he wandered away from his grandmothers home, were he had been staying, there was a search made for him, eventually he was found , sitting calmly by a stream, when he was asked by his grandmother if he had not been afraid, he relied, Fear never came near me, grandma. This appears to have been the pattern of his life, which ended tragicaly at the battle of Trafalgar.Let me say I admire Nelson, but I am no Nelson, very few of us are, it doesnt take much to cause us to fear. We all have things we are afraid of, but here is something very important, as a Christian we need not be ruled by our fears, I believe Christ can really help us to know victory , over our fears. [ Father help us not to be ruled by our fears, help us in Jesus name , Amen.]

No comments: