verse of the day

Friday 16 May 2008

A bargain.[ 2 Samuel 24v24]

I wonder are you like me? you like a bargain, you watch with anticipation for a sale at your favourite store, and then you hurry there, hopefully to get something you really like ,cheaply. In 2 Samuel 24 , we read how King David was offered a bargain for free, and he would not take it, why?, here is his answer. The bargain was a peace of land that David wanted to erect an altar on, so he could sacrifice an offering on to God, the owner of the land wanted to give the land to David, for nothing. Consider Davids reply, I insist on buying it, for I will not present burnt offerings to the Lord my God that have cost me nothing. Joyce Meyer, says this ,Jesus does not offer us a Cross-less Christianty. The Gospel is the greatest bargain of all, we are saved freely by His grace, but being a Christian involves a cost, there are Christians to day who are in prison, there are Christians today who will die, for Christ. [Father sometimes we forget that there is a cost in being a Christian, forgive us, and give us grace this day ,to take up our cross , and follow our Saviour, Amen ]

No comments: