verse of the day

Monday 5 May 2008

Looking back.[ John 8 v32.]

I continue on in the theme of looking back, I suppose as we grow older we are inclined to look back, we speak about the good old days, when you could leave your front door open, without fear of being robbed, the summers were warmer, the neighbours were friendly, the good old days. Now how much of that is reality I am not sure, even the Psalmist declared in Psalm 143 v5, I remember the days of old. How should we view the past ?, first of all let me say that there is nothing wrong with remembering the past, the danger is, we can become prisoners of the past, and that is not to be our experience, for Christ died to set us free, so by all means think of the past , but dont let it become your prison. [Father we thank you for those precious memories of the past, but help us to live in the present, help us not to become prisoners of our past , in Jesus name we pray this, Amen.]

No comments: