verse of the day

Friday 23 May 2008

Giving up. [ John 21]

There will always be reasons to give , let me repeat these words, there will always be reasons to give up, we read of those who did, one such person was a man called Demas , we read about him in 2 Timothy4v 10, Paul says of him, Demas has deserted me because he loved the things of this life. Just as I said , there will always be reasons to give up , we can always rationalize our decisions, I am sure Demas did. The life of faith is one of trust, and commitment ,it does not lean on its own understanding, it sees beyond the here and now, to an eternal weight of glory, and above all else it is held by a love for Jesus.and the love of Jesus. A love that will not let us go, the hymn wrote ,O Cross that lifest up my head, I dare not ask to fly from Thee , dont give up on Jesus for He will never give up on you. [Father help us not to give up, in Jesus name we ask this, Amen]

No comments: