verse of the day

Wednesday 15 June 2022

The gift of reading. ( Psalm 119 v 105)

 In that murder camp  Auschwitz there was a library, I say a library,but it was very small,for it only had 8 books in it.You see books were banned in that horror camp for as one person said,''Books are extremely  dangerous''.Dictatorships and oppressive regimes don't just want control of what you do, but also of what you think. So if one was found  having a book in Auschwitz it would have cost you your life. So even though it was a small library it was to those in that dark place a window of escape from the grim realities that they endured day after day. One of the most precious gifts I possess is being able to read, that opened so much to me,for it gave me pleasure,educated me,and indeed helped me in so many ways.I love books, I remember a lady in a church I once attended,could only read the bible.I know a little lad who at this stage can't read he is autistic,and he gets very frustrated.I know people who can read,and they don't read books ,I know Christian and they don't even read their bibles. To have the gift of being able to read,and not use it, is very sad, let us rejoice and praise God for the gift of reading, especially in being able to read God's word.

                                                 'The best book to read is the bible'

No comments: