verse of the day

Sunday 19 June 2022

Death wish. ( Revelation 2 v 10 )

I was listening to a program on the radio about,'Early Christian Martyrdom', right throughout  history, many Christians have suffered martyrdom, even today there are Christians who are dying for their faith. Christian research says that ,900000 Christians were martyred over the last decade, and it is estimate that over the last two millennia that over 70 million Christians have been martyred.Why ,did they have a death wish?,the answer is no.no one with any sense would want to suffer the horrible deaths inflicted on them. It is said that the apostle Peter was crucified upside down,that was not something he wanted.In fact our Saviour foretold his death, and said that he would be taken were he didn't want to go,He was speaking of hit death ( John 21 v 18 - 19). But he went nevertheless,as many have,one may ask oneself would I be prepared to die for my Saviour? , I would be confident in this ,the God who granted me grace to live for him, will give me grace to die for Him.It would be a great honour to lay down ones life for ones Saviour, after all my  dear Saviour laid down his life for me, and for you. No we don't have a death wish, but we should have a desire to glorify our Saviour by our lives, and if need be, by our deaths.

No comments: