verse of the day

Thursday 9 June 2022

Others.( Acts 10 v 38 )

 Consider why our Saviour came, the answer was for others,and that truly cost him everything,He wept for others,He was loving and kind to others,and on the cross He died for others.I heard an old hymn that stressed the importance of living for others, it was written by Charles D. Meigs. here are some of the words from it.

                                                     'Lord, help me live from day to day,

                                                      In such a self - forgetful way.

                                                      That even when I kneel to pray,

                                                      My prayer shall be for others,

                                                       Yes,others,Lord,yes ,others,

                                                        Let this my motto be;

                                                        Help me live for others,

                                                        Help me live for others,

                                                        That I may live like Thee,

                                                        That I may live like Thee.'

                                                I would just add ,for the glory of God.

No comments: