verse of the day

Saturday 11 June 2022

My goal is. ( Job 1 v 21 )

 In  Psalm 144 v 15 we read,' Blessed is the people whose God is the Lord', as you may know the word blessed can mean happy. Herbert Lockyer writes,'Do not harbor a false view of  happiness if we think that it consists only in outward prosperity?  In Psalm 145-6 we are told,'' Happy is he that hath the God of  Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the Lord his God.'' Spiritual happiness then , is not in a case , but in Him from whom all blessings flow.' He  goes unto write,' The truth as to where true happiness is alone to be found not in blessings  but the Blesser Himself'. Each day I thank God for the blessing he bestows upon me,I come from a poor background so I value those blessings that I have received from my loving heavenly father. But what if  like Job  all those blessing were taken from me? what would my attitude be ?. would I give up believing in God,? or would I be like Job who declared, 'Though He slay me, yet I will trust in Him'. (Job 13 v 15 )

                                               My goal is God Himself, not joy,nor peace,

                                               Nor even blessing,but Himself, my God;

                                               'Tis His to lead me there- not mine,but His,

                                                At any cost, dear Lord, by any road'

                                                           Words Frances Brook.

No comments: