verse of the day

Wednesday 1 June 2022

God knows ( Isaiah 55 v 6 - 7 )

Consider the words of that wonderful Psalm 139,I will deal with the beginning ,were we are told these simple yet profound words,' you know me'.You know me,yes God does,He knows Billy, everything about me, He knows my weaknesses ,my strengths, my abilities,everything. Derek Kidner writes,' the divine knowledge is not merely comprehensive,like that of some receptor that misses nothing, ....It is personal and active; discerning us, knowing our minds more closely than we know ourselves'. It is Spurgeon who comments, 'Let the reader sit still a while and try to realize the two poles of this statement,-the Lord and puny man- and he will see much  to admire and wonder at'. Yes we are poles apart, He is the creator, the one who made  us, and all things,He is holy we are sinners.If  only humanity would know their place,stop trying to be God.If only we would realize our fallenness ,our sinfulness, and recognise our need of God as our Saviour. Is it not time that we realize that doing it our way does not work,if  only, we would seek the Lord. But God knows we wont, so we will go on and on in our downward path, leading us to a tragic end.What applies to humanity on the whole, applies to us personally,God has provided the answer for our salvation in Jesus, trust Him now.

No comments: