verse of the day

Monday 6 June 2022

A quick answer. ( 1 Kings 18 v 37 - 39 )

 We look further at Psalm 138 at the words of v 3 ,' As soon as I pray you answer me; you encourage me by giving strength'. One writer puts it like this,'The moment I called out, you stepped in; you made my life large with strength'. Here we see an instant answer to Davids prayers.  There is another verse in Isaiah 65 v 24,which reads ,'Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear'.Often we pray and we have to wait for answer,until God's timing is right,Psalm 40 v1 speaks of patiently waiting for the Lord,all that's part of praying,But  here in Ps 138 v3 we have no waiting for an answer ,it happens right away,that should encourage you for although waiting is often necessary, God if it is will, answers prayer at once.But do not forget the sovereign God is in control as to when  He answers our prayers, also it is His will that must prevail at all times even though His answer may be no. Remember God is not playing a game with us,He loves us to much for that, so trust Him at all times.

No comments: