verse of the day

Saturday 18 June 2022

Escapism. ( Philippians 3 v 1 - 27)

 Someone said that religion is just  escapism,  I  believe it originated from Karl Marx statement that religion is,' the opium of the people', As a Christian I would agree with that term ,'Escapism',but we have to divine what I mean by that, am I an escapist,as one who doesn't live in the real world,and daydreams,no I face up to life, I have never run away from it,or ignored the realities of life,in fact with my Saviours help I gain strength,to help me day by day.Well what do I mean when I say am an escapist? when I trusted  Jesus, I escaped the power of sin,I also escaped the consequences of sin, sin that enslaves,sin if left unforgiven will shut a person out of heaven,and take them  to hell. Trusting Jesus brings one into a wonderful relationship with God, a relationship that cannot be bettered,an eternal relationship. If you know Christ,rejoice be glad,if you don't know Christ why not join me and became an escapist.

                                                      'Who condemned escapism?,

                                                                     Jailers'

                                                              Author unknown.

No comments: