verse of the day

Tuesday 7 June 2022

God our helper. ( Psalm 121 )

There are many proverbs that people  have been handed down from generation to generation ,like,' to many cooks spoil the broth', or a 'stitch in time saves nine'. Here is another,'God helps those that help themselves', there is a degree of truth in those words,but it is Herbert Lockyer who comments,' The proverb that,''God helps those that help themselves,'' dose not bear the light of David's affirmation that , ''God shall deliver the needy when he crieth ; the poor also, and him that hath no helper,''  Psalm 72v 13 -14,. It is more true to say that God helps those who cannot help themselves, nor find help in others. I think of the many times I stood in need, and it was God who came to my help,when one had no food in the home,God provided. To the helpless God says,' Fear thou not; for I am with thee; be not dismayed; for I am thy God; I will strengthen thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness''.  For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, fear not;I will help thee.  ( Isaiah 41 v10 v 13)

No comments: